I’m in camp. No, not the marshmallow-roasting, fireside-singing kind of camp – though that sounds really great right now – but the dreaded Camp NaNoWriMo. *gulp* We’re halfway through April, which means only 16 days to write 16,000 words? GO AWAY. I’M SCARED.
You might be thinking that I’m doing pretty well – the thing is, I’m barely scraping it by. Last night, I changed my goal to 30,000 words vs. 50,000 words – my original goal. Why? Because of MAY. Grr…(yes, the month)
So, unfortunately, fate decided it would be a great idea to pile everything stressful inside one month after the *slightly* less stressful April, in which we’re expected to write all the words in 30 days?! SHOO.
- Celebration Series Piano Level 5 Test: STRESSFUL. MY BRAIN ISN’T THAT SHARP.
- Celebration Series Music Theory Test: I’m sorry, but I just feel really, really confused.
- Homeschool Math Test: How do you expect me to remember everything?!
- Homeschool English Test: I feel exhausted.
- Homeschool Co-op Musical: What if I recite a math equation?!
- Ballet Recital: *gulps* I’m scared.
- Aunts Visiting From China: Oh, help me, please.
- Brother Coming Back From College: YAY. THE ONE NON-STRESSFUL THING. FYI, I’m not being sarcastic – why would I? Older brothers are underrated.
Do you see all of those things?! Just looking at it makes me wanna faint. Then I have to finish writing these 30,000 words…*shudders* Do you see why I feel like passing out right now? SOMEBODY GET ME CAKE. AND ICE CREAM. POPCORN WOULDN’T HURT EITHER. 😋
So…that’s why I cut off 20,000 words off my original goal. *hides* Nope, it doesn’t feel very good. At all. But, better a goal you can do then a goal you die over trying to accomplish! Isn’t that the point of Camp NaNo? Oh, whatever, because I feel too young for the grave right now – I’m only a bit past a decade old!
If you managed to read this scrambled up, unplanned, crazy post, then I sincerely applaud you – cause that definitely takes skill. XD If you’d like to check out my project, here’s the link to the page: ~ My WIPS ~
Are you in Camp NaNo? How’s it going for you? Definitely better than me – there’s no way it’s not. XD